Batch PDF Merger Help Page
- You may select PDF files to be merged in one of two ways: Drag and drop your PDF files (or folder containing PDF files) into the application's left window. Or, you may click the button "Click here to choose your PDF folder" to select a folder containing PDFs.
- Rearrange the files in any order by simply dragging and dropping the files in the program's left window (to select multiple files, press the Ctrl key (Command key on Mac) while dragging). If you need to split apart and view individual PDF pages, click the button "Split Apart Pages". An arrow will appear next to each file in the right window - click the arrow to view each PDF page. Simply drag and drop the pages to reorder. Selected pages can be removed by clicking "Remove Page", which will delete the selected page(s) in the right window. (note: your original files will always remain untouched on your computer)
- Click "Merge Files", choose a name and location for the new file and you're on your way!
Troubleshooting and Tips:
- Installation errors. The program needs to be installed in the Adminstrator account. If you see this error, you will need to have your computer's Administrator install the software.
- If an error occurs during the merge, this typically means one of your PDF files is encrypted or corrupt. Most of these errors are fixed in version 2.1 or higher. Click here to download the latest version (click "replace" to replace the old version during installation). Windows Users: Open the pdf file with Adobe Reader X (here's a link to the free download of Adobe Reader X). Simply double click the problematic file and now it will open in Adobe Reader X. Then save the file with a new name (File>Save as>PDF), choose a new name and location. Try re-merging the newly saved file. NOTE: this is not the same as right clicking on the file and renaming it!.
Mac Users: Open the pdf file in the Preview Application and rename the file, save it, and try re-merging.
You may also try decrypting your file(s) with this free online service: PdfUnlock.com.
If none of the above methods work, try saving the problematic pdf file into a different file format, such as jpg or png. Then, resave it back to pdf format and that may resolve the issue. However, the above technique will work for most cases.
- To activate the demo with the license key:
Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5 (Tiger/Leopard)
Mac OS X 10.6-10.8 (Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion)
- If you need to transfer the key to a new computer or you upgraded your computer, you will need to reset the key. Go to the reset page.
Recommended Tools and Services
If you need to split your PDF files and permanently save the individual single PDF pages, you need our Multi PDF Splitter desktop tool.
If you've generated large pdf files which cannot be emailed (a very common problem), we recommend using one of these free services: SendSpace.com or Dropbox. Dropbox allows you free storage up to 2GB.
- Windows Users: Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, click on Control Panel, then click on Add/Remove Programs. Select Batch PDF Merger and choose remove.
- Mac Users: Open the Applications folder and drag Batch PDF Merger into the trash.
For further assistance, please contact us at:
Have additional questions?
Visit our FAQ page