Batch PDF Merger Help Page
Using the Award-Winning Batch PDF Merger couldn’t be easier. Our team designed this software to make merging your PDFs a quick and efficient process.
Open the program by double clicking the Batch PDF Merger icon on your desktop (for Mac users, the icon is located in your Applications folder).
- You may select PDF files to be merged in one of two ways: Drag and drop your PDF files (or folder containing PDF files) into the application's window. Or, you may click the button "Click here to choose your PDF Files" to select PDFs.
- Next, rearrange the files in any order by simply dragging and dropping the files in the program's window (to select multiple files, press the Ctrl key (or Command key on the Mac while dragging).
If you need to split apart and view individual PDF pages, click the button "Split/View Pages". You will now see a each page of each PDF file in the right window. Place your mouse over each page to view the page. Simply drag and drop the pages to reorder in this window. Selected pages can be removed by clicking "Remove Page", which will delete the selected page(s) in the right window. (Note: Your original files will always remain untouched on your computer).
- Finally, click "Merge Files", choose the name and location for the new merged file and you're on your way!
Here's a quick video showing you how easy it is to merge PDFs.
Troubleshooting and Tips:
- If you are installing the program for the first time, you will need to have the Administrator's permission. If you are getting an error while updating the program, you may need to restart the computer since you may have had the old version open while you were downloading the latest version. After restarting, you can continue updating to the latest version.
- If an error occurs during the merge, this typically means one of your PDF files is encrypted or corrupt. Most of these errors are fixed in version 5.0. Make sure you quit the program before updating to the latest version. Click here to download the latest version (click "replace" to replace the old version during installation). Windows Users: Open the pdf file with Adobe Reader (here's a link to the free download of Adobe Reader ). Simply double click the problematic file and now it will open in Adobe Reader. Then save the file with a new name (File>Save as>PDF), choose a new name and location. Try re-merging the newly saved file. NOTE: this is not the same as right clicking on the file and renaming it!.
Mac Users: Open the pdf file in the Preview Application and rename the file, save it, and try re-merging.
- For instructions on how to activate the license key, go to the activation page.
- If you need to transfer the key to a new computer or you upgraded your computer, you will need to reset the key. Go to the reset page.
Recommended Tools and Services
If you need to split your PDF files and permanently save the individual single PDF pages, you need our Multi PDF Splitter desktop tool.
For PDF files that are too large to email (a very common problem), we recommend using one of these free services: SendSpace.com or Dropbox. Dropbox allows you free storage up to 2GB.
- Windows Users: Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, click on Control Panel, then click on Add/Remove Programs. Select Batch PDF Merger and choose remove.
- Mac Users: Open the Applications folder and drag Batch PDF Merger into the trash.
For further assistance, please contact our support desk.
Have additional questions?
Visit our FAQ page.